Steps to build a Modern Vulnerability Management System
With the current ever-evolving and solution-oriented market, it can be overwhelming to narrow down and build an appropriate and robust Vulnerability Management System. To ease the confusion, here’s a guide for you to build a vulnerability management system that matches all your needs.
Assign Roles and Responsibilities to the team –
- A VP or Director to design, monitor, and modify the operation as per requirement
- A Senior Manager or Project Lead is in charge of the whole operation
- A Security team to discover, identify and prioritize
- An IT team to Remediate the vulnerabilities
Build a Robust CyberSecurity Process –
- It is important to dig deep into the industry to see what people are using and what all options are available. One needs to try and understand what every organization has to offer as solutions vary from one to another and the requirements of the organization. A robust system includes the ability to discover, assess, prioritize, and remediate all vulnerabilities in the IT infrastructure.
Discover an account your attack surface –
To be sure of your robust cybersecurity process, one must know every weakness, vulnerability, and asset present in your system. The process changes from one organization to another depending on the requirements
Discover, Measure, Prioritize and Remediate your Vulnerabilities –
Discover the vulnerabilities across your entire IT stack, and measure the criticality of the vulnerabilities found. Prioritize the critical vulnerabilities and remediate them immediately to reduce the possible attack bracket time.
Know your cyberscore –
By 2025, the cyberscore will be the de facto of the cybersecurity world like a credit score is in the fiscal world. An organization will have to achieve a certain number to be compliant. This also helps to know the exact cybersecurity levels and converse easily across your organization.
Request a demo to build an effective Vulnerability Management System.